Thursday, January 31, 2019

Masonic Roundtable: The Men Who Warped Space and Time

I love the Masonic Roundtable. It's a part of my weekly viewing fare, right behind The Curse of Oak Island, where we learn how Freemasons buried a treasure that isn't there and how the discovery of a broken mug caked in mud proves the Knights Templar founded Freemasonry. Between commercials.

I rarely watch live for two reasons. First, they never read my online chat comments on the air. I'm really put off when they can't see when I sign on and say, "I'm sorry I'm late. I had to let the cat in," doesn't add to the show; but mainly, it's because it airs past my bedtime.

So, back in the day (not too far back, though), the show aired on Tuesday evenings. Since I don't listen live, my habit was to get up early Wednesday morning and watch or listen with my morning cup (make that morning pot) of coffee. Now they've moved the show to Thursday and I have to wait until Friday for my mid-week dose of Masonic elixir. Somehow, by doing this, the Roundtablers have extended the time I have to wait for the show. They have, in effect, warped space and time, a feat that might seem impossible to the profane, but these guys are, you know… special. Freemasons can do that kind of thing, but only when they're not too busy running the world. That's our primary responsibility. Noblesse oblige, vous savez.

Those of us who are Squires and Knights can get a quick Roundtable fix during the week, but the extra wait for the big Thursday show can be excruciating.

You might argue that I'm wrong since the time between shows is still seven days. That is faulty logic. We slog our way through the workweek until we finally reach that pinnacle of existence, the weekend. There, we enjoy two glorious days of freedom from the slings and arrows of our more mundane existence during the week. That enables us to completely refresh our minds as we experience the joy and freedom of being with our families and doing the things we want. In other words, the weekend serves as a sort of cosmic reset.

Then, we start the week all over again and we have two extra days to wait for the Roundtable.  Therefore, we now have what amounts to a nine-day week! If that doesn't prove the hosts of the Masonic Roundtable are super-human, I don't know what does.

I just wish I could use that extra time more effectively.

Disclaimer: No one from the show in any way prompted me to do this episode and the members of the Roundtable were unaware it was being planned or produced. So mote it be.


No comments: