Friday, November 2, 2018

A True Story


The following is a true story. Names have been omitted not so much to protect the innocent… but mainly to protect this author.

The Grand Master of the jurisdiction, Orient Sovereign Grand Inspector General (SGIG) and Scottish Rite Sovereign Grand Commander (SGC) were in attendance at a large Scottish Rite Luncheon, sitting together at the head table. The Grand Master got up to speak and his address included the following:

"In 2011, I was in Washington, DC, on business. I had never been to the House of the Temple, so I went there to see it. When I got there I found out it was Honors week and most people were at the main hotel for the event. I took the tour and as a part of it they took me to the SGC's office. He was not there and neither was his secretary. I don't know where he was... perhaps at the motel with his secretary."

The room filled with gasps that erupted into laughter.


The Grand Master realized how that sounded, turned to the SGC, took off his 33° cap and offered it to him. The SGIG stood up, walked over to the Grand Master and (close enough to the microphone so everyone could hear), whispered, "Don't forget, "I'm an attorney."

The Grand Master continued, "They told me since I was the ranking Freemason there, I was in charge and they had me sit at the SGC's desk. I told them if I was in charge I should be able to make a few decisions."

They asked, "What decisions do you want to make?"

"Well," said the Grand Master, "I told them what my Orient was and said that out there we have this SGIG... uh, maybe I shouldn't finish that story."

The SGIG got up and said he had an award for the Grand Master. He read a proclamation and finished with, "...and I'll give you the award after I hear the rest of that story."

No comments: